From Green Cross First Aid Training
- 1 hour
Moving People Safely (QCF) Level 2
This qualification explains the principles and practice of safer handling of people and objects. It outlines the reasons for safer manual handling, the legal requirements, the process of completing risk assessments to reduce the risk of harm and the additional considerations if the load you are moving is a person.
Learners will have the opportunity to practice the principles of safer handling of people and objects when using equipment, on their own and as part of a team. This qualification specification provides information for Centres about the delivery of the QA Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (QCF) and includes the unit information, assessment methods and quality assurance arrangements.
What will it cover?
This course is split into 2 Units.
By the end of Unit 1 (day 1) Manual handling safety at work - you will be able to:
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing.
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work.
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work.
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work.
- Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment.
- Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling.
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling.
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks.
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when;
- a. applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own.
- b. when using manual handling aids and equipment.
- c. when undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.
By the end of Unit 2 (day 2) Moving people safely - you will be able to:
- Outline the potential impact to a person who is moved
- Outline the ways in which the dignity, health and safety of the person being moved can be preserved
- Outline the process of risk assessment in relation to moving a person
- Outline the control measures that might be used to reduce the risks associated with moving people
- State the content of a personal handling plan.
- List the states of functional mobility a person who needs to be moved might have.
- Describe safe movement principles associated with moving people.
- Outline the types of handling or lifting equipment designed to be used for moving people.
- Describe the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of people handling or lifting equipment.
- Demonstrate efficient and safe movement principles when;
- a. applying effort to support or move a person manually on their own
- b. when using movement aides and equipment
- c. when moving a person as part of a team
The Highest Standards of First Aid training available
The Green Cross is the UK's leading independent provider of First Aid training. We train First Aiders for the UK's biggest brand names and we train more First Aiders than any other independent provider in the UK. Our big name clients are always putting our standards to the test, and we will always pass. How is this possible? We have a great team! Our training manager is a leading voice in First Aid standards and he leads a team of First Aid trainers and assessors who are constantly monitoring and verifying our courses and trainers to ensure we have the very highest standards in the country. To find out more about the Green Cross and our customer successes then visit our Customer Success stories.
Annual Update - Website Enquiry
Moving People Safely (QCF) Level 2
Course Duration : 2 Day
Maximum number : 12
Available as: Your Premises
Pick Your Course
Green Cross Training believe in flexibility this is why we offer access to e-learning either per course or unlimited access to courses
Choose Your Course
Browse our complete library of E-Learning courses, pick the ones that are right for you.
Confirm Your Order
Use our easy to manage booking system to complete your order. Your order confirmation will be emailed straight to you.
First Aid Course Liverpool First Aid Course London City First Aid Course London Heathrow First Aid Course London Stratford First Aid Course Manchester First Aid Course Northampton First Aid Course Norwich First Aid Course Nottingham First Aid Course Peterborough First Aid Course Plymouth First Aid Course Portsmouth